Kodi app is one of the best open source application that allows its users access media content on their devices. It is the one that has fantastic features that would persuade any user to become addicted to it. This article is on the Kodi Chromecast App for installing Kodi on Chromecast for better viewing and enhancing the experience.
Kodi comes from XBMC Foundation that revolutionized the development of the app in the hands of the open system of developers around the world. Each day the developers extend codes which make the application better. Similarly, there is the Chromecast support that the developers have come up with.
We are going to explain to you how users can install Kodi on Chromecast using this article here. Go through the steps to know how to do it and enjoy the Kodi Chromecast combination.
Kodi Chromecast Setup using Android device
Of all the ways we can do the Kodi Chromecast setup, there are few major ways to do it correctly. Some official websites define very lengthy and tacky ways of getting Kodi for Chromecast. We are going to discuss with you the trusted and the tested methods to get Kodi on Chromecast.
The first one will go with the Android devices. Even here, there are two split ways for performing the Kodi Chromecast setup. We will look into the steps for both of them here. Read carefully on the procedure and requirements in it too;
- Use of Casting App: In this method, you are going to use a casting application on your Android application. The process is short and easy for the users to carry out. Simply do this:
- Firstly, you need to download the Kodi App itself onto your Android device. You may use the APK file for your Android device and install the app there.
- Then, access the Google Play Store and download a suitable casting app on your Android device. We prefer the use Google Home app which is the best for casting purposes.
- Once the Kodi and the Google Home app are installed onto your device, launch the Google Home app first.
- Plug your Chromecast device to the TV and turn it on.
- On your Android device, the Google Home app will display the menu where you will select “Cast screen” option.
- A list of nearby casting devices will appear and you will find your Chromecast details there too. Tap on your Chromecast device name and allow the connection to take place.
- When the connection is established, the display of the Android device will be transferred to the TV screens.
- Then, you can launch the Kodi App and the movie or program will cast directly on your TV screens.
- Use of ES File Explorer: This method involves few extra files for your device. You will have to download the ES File Explorer, the LocalCast app from Play Store and the XML file. Firstly, make sure that you have installed Kodi on your device, then do this:
- Launch the ES File Explorer application and in its settings make the hidden files visible.
- Then, move the XML file to the following location on your device: “Android -> Data -> org.xbmc.kodi -> files -> user data”
- After this, you will have to launch the Kodi app and play the video or movie that you wish to cast.
- You will see the cast option due to the LocalCast app. Click on it and then select the Chromecast device which must be connected to your TV.
- This will directly transfer the display to the TV screen.
Hence, in this manner, you will be able to set the Kodi Chromecast combination using the Android devices. You can select either of the two ways that are described here. Both of them lead to the same outcome of great entertainment.
Features of Kodi Chromecast Setup
Now that you know how to install Kodi on Chromecast, we want you to take a look at what else does this app offer. Well, there is the use of the Android App for the Kodi Chromecast setup so there is a chance that users will use it both ways (on Android and TV screens both).
Here is a list of the features associated with Kodi for Chromecast and the Android app too;
- Kodi allows users to access movies, videos and music tracks via the web on the devices.
- It is an app that serves the media files for free for all of its users.
- It has a user-friendly interface which makes it easy for the users to search for their desired content.
- Users can also download the content onto their devices via Kodi and watch it later.
- There are various Addons support for getting more content easily.
With Kodi Chromecast support, the experience is enhanced by better viewing. There are many more features that the application serves which makes it an award-winning application.
Finally, we have completed the explanation for the setup process here. We hope the details on how to install Kodi on Chromecast will come handy for most of the readers. For feedback and queries, you can write up at kodidownloadtvapp. Thank you.