If you’ve been looking for a reliable movie playing and TV streaming app for your iOS device then you must’ve come across the Kodi App. Well, your search is really over with this article as we are going to provide all the information on Kodi for iPhone and iPad devices iOS App Download here.
It actually comes from the XBox Media Center (XBMC) services and is out there in the market for some time now. It is generally available for all the major OS platforms, including the iOS devices too.
We will guide you through the procedure to get the Kodi on iPhone and iOS devices easily in this article.
About Kodi for iPhone
The Kodi app is an open source program that is encrypted with simple coding. Due to this, it is easily setup on many of the Platform Softwares. For Kodi on iPhone, users have multiple of ways that they can take up for the setup. Although, you know that all the methods work differently with different devices.
You may be wondering about the official App Store method. Well, we are not going to discuss that here. The methods we are talking about depends upon the two conditions on which today’s iOS devices exist. Either your device is Jailbreak or is Non-jailbreak, will determine the method you should adopt from this article.
If your device is Jailbroken then you will be able to complete the process in a jiffy. This is because it has less and fast steps for the process. However, the later devices (Non-Jailbreak devices) are also lucky to have this guide. Despite the length of the steps, the procedure is far better and secure to get Kodi for iPhone devices. In the next section, we will begin discussing the steps for the Kodi iOS setup.
Kodi on iOS (Jailbreak Devices)
As we have mentioned above, this method is much easier to set Kodi for iPhone across as the devices. This is because by Jailbreaking your iOS device, you are going to allow the manufacturer’s options to be in your control. You will be able to make changes in the system that only manufacturer or developers are bound to make.
Do not worry, you are not going to harm your device or system by doing so. Instead, you will be able to make the changes that you desire like deleting unwanted system apps, manage device space, access permissions for apps, etc. So, for this method, you will require the Cydia Application. This will allow you to search for the Kodi iOS files from the web and install the app on your device with full access.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to get Kodi for iPhone:
- Firstly, you need to access the Cydia App Download on your Jailbreak iOS device. Use this link here to reach the download.
- You will be able to easily download and install the Cydia App on your device so we won’t elaborate that here.
- After installing it on your device, launch it there.
- It will be like a browser and you will select “Sources” option in the menu there.
- Click “Edit” followed by “Add” option and then enter the URL given here below:
- Select “Add” to save this URL location as the additional source.
- Access this page on the Cydia app and it will open the deb file resources of Kodi for iPhone.
- When the page loads, you will select the “install” option on the right-top corner of the screen.
- A pop-up will appear confirming your package installation command. Select ‘install’ again and allow the application to install the Kodi on iPhone.
- You will see that Kodi iOS will be installed onto your device within no time.
So, in this manner, you will be able to setup the Kodi for iPhone devices (Jailbreak version). With the Jailbreak, the functionality becomes easy for the Cydia App to perform the installation for your device. If you do not wish to Jailbreak your device right now then you should go through this next section for an alternative method.
Kodi iOS setup for Non-Jailbreak devices
There are many users who use their iOS device in a secured manner. Not performing the Jailbreak may be their decision and we totally respect that. To get Kodi for iPhone, we will not force you to Jailbreak your iOS devices, instead, we are going to give you an alternative way for this.
As we told you, the process is safe but lengthy here. There are few things that you may wish to consider having before you move on to the steps:
- You will require a Mac OS X computer device.
- A Type C – USB cable to connect the iPhone to the Mac OS PC.
- The deb file for Kodi iOS from its official website.
- Xcode App on the Mac OS device.
- Also, the iOS App Signer (3rd party app)
Once you have these few requisites ready, you will be all set to go on with the procedure. Go through the steps given below and follow them accordingly to get Kodi for iPhone correctly:
- To start with, you will have to plug in your iPhone to your Mac OS PC device.
- Wireless connectivity may be weak for the process we intend to carry out.So, you should use the type C cable which is why we have it on the list.
- Install the Xcode on your Mac and then launch it there.
- You will have to select “Create a new project” then move to the “Single view application” and click “Next”
- Enter the details of the Product name (i.e. Kodi) and source organization.
- You will be directed to select the location where you wish to save the repository.
- During this process, you may encounter an error pop-up. You will select the “Fix Issue” tab there and then provide your Apple ID details to sign in.
- Choose “App Signer” to resolve the issue relating to the deb file setup of Kodi for iPhone.
- Here you will select “Browse”, select the Kodi deb files and then select the product name that you gave in the above steps.
- From there, you will return to the Xcode program and you will select the iPhone device that is connected to the Mac.
- To the right-hand side of the panel, you will select the “+” sign for adding the device.
- Look for the IPA files that you created using the App signer program and press “Open” option.
- On doing this, you will initiate the installation process of Kodi for iPhone device.
- After the installation, you may disconnect the device from the Mac and launch the iPhone settings panel.
- Go to device manager and enable the “trust” option for Kodi on iPhone.
After this allowance, you will be able to launch the Kodi iOS app on your device easily. We know that this process is lengthy but it is worth for those Non-Jailbroken iOS devices. Hence, go through the steps carefully and execute them as told. We are confident that you will be enjoying you the Kodi on iPhone in no time.
Features of Kodi iOS App
So, by now you must be knowing the use of the app on your iOS devices. But wait, there is more than what you can expect from the basic details. Kodi for iPhone has alot of more features that makes its users addicted to the application. We have put up some important features of the app here in this section for you. Go through these points below to know more about this;
- Kodi is compatible with several OS platforms making it a versatile application. Compatibility as Kodi for iPhone makes it the best option for iOS device users.
- It is free to use and also legal for the viewers to search for content via Kodi on iPhone.
- Kodi App allows users to access media files like music, videos and also images to view on your device.
- The users may use the web services and the interface of the app to look for their favorite movies and TV shows. Users can find all kinds of movies on their Kodi application using its defined search tools.
- The content that Kodi presents is from a variety of resources. So, Kodi does not hold any claims or does not bear any content rights. It is simply a distribution channel for users to access entertainment swiftly.
- Also, the application supports multi-language contents for its users across the world. This is why people all around the world accept Kodi iOS as the best app.
- Kodi for iPhone supports music and video formats of a wide range.
- Moreover, the users can also download the content on their device memory so as to watch it later on.
- The media player functionality allows the users to play files that already exists on the device storage. This function will not require web services to be on.
These features define the basic functionality and use of the app. We know that most of our readers must be craving for this app now. So, don’t wait up friends. Use this guide to quickly access the Kodi iOS version for your device ASAP.
Towards the end of this article here, we would like to conclude before winding it up. We hope that this article on Kodi for iPhone download iOS App has useful to most of our readers. For those who wish to send in their feedback or have any query can contact us at kodidownloadtvapp. Thank you.